There’s just certain gear that is universally recognizable. We have the grey Canon telephoto lenses and L series with the infamous red ring. Amongst all videographers, you’ll see that the RØDE VideoMic Pro in their bags. This mic is one of the most popular and best selling mics on the planet and it just got an update everyone has wanted.
This industry-standard on-camera shotgun mic was released in 2010 and spread like wild fire because of the high quality audio, small size, +20db level boost, and how inexpensive it is. This new update means physical and performance upgrades. Woohoo!
The Ricote-Lyre suspension system ( the best microphone shock mounting system) has been added to the VideoMic Pro. This suspension system is made of hard-wearing thermoplastic to to minimize vibrations and unwanted noise.
If that’s not enough for you, the new Pro has even lower self-noise and higher level sensitivity, which makes clearer, better audio over a broader dynamic range. It’s the same battery powered by a 9V and gives 70 hours of usage. The cost is pretty fair, only $20 more at $249. Here are the rest of the specs to make it even more worth you while:
- Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting onboard
- All new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6” length)
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz)
- 9V battery powered – over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boom pole mounting
- 10-year warranty with online registration at www.rodemic.com/warranty
Get yours here and tell us what you think about it! Should we get some?
IE Photo Rentals
558 W. 2nd St, Unit B
Pomona, CA 91766
Camera and Lens Rental Service for Inland Empire, Los Angeles and Orange County Areas.