The VLX™ Vagabond™ Lithium Extreme is the fourth-generation of our Vagabond™ portable power line, offering a reliable, convenient, and lightweight portable power source. When working in the field, the VLX™ provides a current-controlled, pure sine wave power source for operation of AC powered studio flash units in locations where AC power is either unavailable or unreliable.
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Battery:
Considered the safest, most robust, and longest lasting batteries available, the quick-change LiFePO4 battery used in the VLX™ system is designed for high surge power.
- 25.6V, 6.2Ah, 158.7Wh battery
- recycles approx. 330 Ws per second
- offers 1000 to 1500 charge/discharge cycles and lasts 10+ years
- includes a convenient charging port for the supplied charger
400W Continuous Power Inverter:
The BUFF™-designed VLX™ inverter takes the power from the battery and converts it into a usable, 120VAC pure sine wave power source. This continuous power inverter is capable of recycling normally-AC-powered flash units considerably faster than than the 25-pound Profoto Batpack, the 11-pound Innovatronix Mini, the Elinchrom Quadra Ranger and others, with up to five times as many flash WS per charge, operating multi-voltage units at 120VAC.
- pure sine wave, current-limited inverter
- includes two standard 120VAC outlets (to power more units, a power strip may be used)
- includes a multilevel accurate battery charge indicator (red, yellow, and green LEDs)
- includes a 2A USB port for charging smart phones and tablets
3-Hour Rapid Universal Battery Charger:
The universal rapid charger allows the battery to be recharged from any location in just three hours. Additionally, the VLX™ can be operated while charging, in any country, for all day in-studio shooting.
- quickly connects to the front panel on the battery (no system disassembly required)
- can be used on power lines from 100 to 240VAC
- arrives with a standard 120VAC power cord (adapters can be purchased locally and used)
Huge Capacity For Power Users:
The VLX™ is capable of powering multiple flash units in various power model combinations, powering all Paul C. Buff™ flash units as well as moonlights, multi-voltage units, and power packs made by other manufacturers. A single VLX™ can operate an entire 4-5 light system (using “Power Bar” extension cords) in the field at usable recycle times, or multiple VLX™ units can be employed for lightning fast shooting and extreme numbers of shots per charge.
- powers multiple flash units with a combined total rating up to 3,200 Ws
- typically cycles 640 Ws in 2 seconds, 1280 Ws in 4 seconds
Convenient Light Stand Mounting:
The VLX™ employs a sturdy metal stand clamp allowing the system to be clamped to most standard light stands.
- heavy duty metal light stand clamp
- can be used on light stands with up to 1-1/2″ center poles
Note: Like essentially all battery/inverter type supplies, modeling lamps are not generally used because their power draw would quickly deplete the battery and slow recycle times dramatically. The modeling lamps should be turned OFF, only used for brief previews to maximize battery life, or replaced with very low wattage lamps for successful operation.
IE Photo Rentals
558 W. 2nd St, Unit B
Pomona, CA 91766
Camera and Lens Rental serving Inland Empire, Los Angeles and Orange County Areas.